Archive for the ‘Lingerie’ Category
So it is official. We know what makes those people who have the efflorescent quality of charm, so loveable. I am sure you don’t need to be shown why this is something worth having, we all know that person who just seems to be loved by all. Mostly, they are not especially attractive or even talented.
Charisma (the word that is) dates well back to the days of the legend of the ultimate seductress, Helen of Troy. At that time charisma had a distinct sexual quality to it. Helen Troy is thought to have the face that launched a thousand shipsThat is to say, if you had khárisma (pronouced car-rees-ma’), you had sex appeal. That is where the year of the sexy life comes in, but the question is is it something one can acquire?
The good news for those of us who were not dusted in that magic pixie dust, some very smart people have worked out 6 qualities that make up charm, this is going to be my project for the next 6 weeks.
Each week is going to explore and give examples of each quality, a how to for ladies on the go.
Life is short, make sure that you are getting the most from it. Being charming opens doors, starts off relationships and gives you a reason to smile.
Course beyond the 6 qualities I will explore of the coming weeks, feeling great
PS. While we are going on about Greek mythology Charis was one of the handmaidens of Aphrodite.
It is winter, that means lots and lots of rain. Don’t think for instant that this means the fun you have been having has to end. Here are a few suggests to keep things hot this winter. This list will from warm to hot, s0 keep reading for a fun time!
Just becuase the outstide is wet doesn’t mean you have to stay inside.
1. A very dear friend of mine said that in her native country taking a rain bath was the norm. This involved stripping down to a swimsuit (or less) and just enjoy the rain. She said that dodging raindrops was a silly practice and that enjoying yourself is where it is at.
2. Go deluxe with the cleansing. Buy the lush bath fizzies, splash out on the expensive loofah and scrub it up. You will feel excellent afterwards (and a lot warmer during) Being inside all the time you start to look at things more closely, so make sure you will like what you see! Speaking of seeing indoors, this brings me to my next point.
3. Set up your bedroom for a cosy winter. For me this meant putting in new curtains and making sure I splurged on the on high thread count bed spread. Four hundred thread count, heavily embroided and pink. Don’t forget, we are all hard working adults. Thus, any pleasure you want your should have. I don’t do guilty pleasures, just things as a hard working adult deserves at the end of a long day.
4. Don’t forget enjoying your lover is definitely an indoor sport. Take a look at our lingerie and find something sizzling hot.
There are no magic bullets here, only a collection of ideas that individually should reduce your stress level by about 5%. Overselling an idea isn’t sexy.
There are a lot of things in life that can take us from the usual to the “oh grief my neck is killing me/can’t sleep/hair falling out stress”. Family dramas, work, personal crisis that goes well beyond a chipped manicure.
All of these ideas are a double hit of the sexy life, they will reduce stress, but they also have an added benefit that makes you prettier, sexier or happier.
This one may seem a little airy fairy, but bear with me. As a side note, it is always ‘bear with me’, never ‘bare with me’ unless you are hoping to show someone your lingerie.
Stretching is were it is at, about 20 minutes every day. A German study showed that women who did yoga twice a week for 1 hour showed a whopping 65% increase in their self reported wellbeing. An hour twice a week is a bit much, but 20 minutes is only 5 songs of your choice long. So with the increase in well being you will be able to look hotter in that babydoll and get into some great poses with poise and balance. Major win.
Next stress reliever is eating your vitamins. When stressed your body burns through the B vitamin group, another benefit is that your blood will function better. This helps with clear skin, a major beauty plus.
Take a beauty break regularly. Taking time out to stop thinking about the important things or being productive and curling up with a face mask, book and maybe a little wine will help you unwind. I highly recommend making it regular, waiting for the time to happen will result in it never being done. For me every Sunday night I do my manicure and pedicure, no exceptions.
Now, don’t blush when I says this but… have some sex. A Scottish study publish in Biological Psychology showed that people who reported an active sex life responded better to stressful situations. Besides having a good time having sex helps you wriggle away from wrinkles. Cologen productions increases immediately after stripping off something sexy.
So there you have it. Dealing will stress doesn’t have to be boring and blah. You do have some options that will make the stress ease off. Keep in mind being an adult means dealing with adult matters, expecting your life to be perfect, or expecting yourself to be perfect isn’t a mature outlook. It is a seductive idea, if we were just a little better, planned a bit more, did xyz differently we would all be divinely happy and admired by all, but no one is like that.
As per usual, all my love ladies,
What if I told you a little white powder you have sitting in your cupboard right now could make you more attractive to the opposite sex? Starting from the top and working to the toes, this is how a white powder can smooth, clean and smelling fresh.
Hair- baking soda is great for dealing with build up. Two tablespoons massaged into a wet scalped and rinsed thoroughly will make your hair shiner, less oily and make swinging your hair a lot easier. I don’t really need to tell you how this will help you get a date? Bonus hair tip: use baking soda to clean your brushes and combs, if you think getting rid of build up on your scalp is importat, think about what collects on your brushes!
Face- glowing skin sure makes a face to face conversation a lot easier. Baking soda is a great exfoilant, not too rough. To avoid pulling to hard on your skin, only ever rub you skin with your little and ring finger. By do this you are a lot less likely to be accidently rough, no premature ageing for you!
Smile- shining hair and glowing skin needs fresh breath to match. Now, I am not going to lie to you, this tastes horrible. The benefits include clean gunk free gums and breath that will last. Take your toothpaste and mix with an equal part soda. Be brave and gently brush your mouth paying particular attention to your gums.
Did you know baking soda is half of the key mix for bath bombs?
For all over body softness, add 1/4 cup of baking soda to some bath water and have a long soak (because as we all know, I live for bathing). The other half of the fizzing ingrediant in a bath bomb is citric acid (for the fizz philes out there).
Down to your toes, a light sprinkly of the white powder will keep bad smells down. Combined with a foot soak, your feet will be soft and smelling sweet.
There you have it. This guide will give you clear skin, shiny hair, fresh breath, smooth skin and stinky free feet. Just make sure your lingerie drawer is properly stocked before you head out alright?
Winter is coming. Like it or not. However, don’t think that because the temperature is dropping that you need that the lingerie needs to be put away.
There are few things you can do to keep the good time rolling.
1. Have an indoor picnic, complete with bubbly and fingers foods. Keep in mind we are all adults here so you cannot have to many pillows and cushions on the floor.
There is a lot of fun to be had with chocolate, nice biscuits, marshmallows and a candle for some safe indoor flame roasting.
2. Plan ahead. When you feel like having a good time together, turn up the heat. It is a sweet fantasy that all you need is some hot loving, but the reality being cold does nothing for the mood. So, use an electric blanket to warm the sheets, then have some fun.
3. Go long. We are bring out a selection of long gowns coming out so you can yourself fairly warm without losing one little bit of sex appeal
So beat the blahs this winter, find something hot to wear and keep it fun.
As promised here is a simple craft that you can change to suit your mood.
We are celebrating ourannivesary this weekend, so I took a bottle from wine that was drunk at out wedding and now I have a decoration I can change as often as I like. Write a cute message, draw a picture (yay for you if you are that talented!).
I am not a super crafty person, my fingers are not nimble and I tend to stab myself with pins (how I ever made my own cutains I will never know). If I can do it, you can do it.
So, take one wine bottle and get the label plus its little collar off. There are two ways to get labels off. One is to steam them off, the other is to grease them off using WD40. Your choice.
Next use a fine grit sand paper. Rough it up. Shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes. Use a damp cloth to get the dust off. This is an outside job.
Then, use a spray primer and spray all over. Make sure you get all 360 degrees. Let it dry, give it at least an hour.
You will need to go to a paint store to find this, most craft stores wont have it. Use chalkboard paint on the bottle.
One word of caution, this is a porous surface so those markers that are meant for chalk boards will usualy be permanent. Use regular chalk, a slightly damp surface will make the colors stand out.
It is incredibly easy to get stuck in a comfortable, but not interesting rhythm. Luckily for you, breaking the monotonous waltz is as easy as 1, 2, 3. So here we go.
Come here! Then go away.
Believe it or not, this one particular move can be done in less than 5 minutes. Expose some flesh, insenoute something erotic, the immediately vacatge the area. Flirty glance over the the shoulder is optional. Men are hunters, even if they work in an office. Let them chase you, it is plenty of fun!
Get Swishy. Be it is a skirt, hair aor dangly earrings, swishing is very femme and men find it fascinating. I love my dangly pearl drop earrings because they take seconds to put it, but for the rest of the day I am set to be that little bit more lovely.
My final dancing tip? Wear something sparkly, it really does take any outfit from ‘nice’ to special.
As I sit here writing this is dawns on me how often I write about enjoying the moment (or at least trying to make sure the unpleasant ones are morebearable). I think it is a mistake to save pleasure for a special occassions, often they get set aside, or don’t come often enough to keep you smiling.
Practical undies change into lingerie when they have more than the bare minimum frill, or they match or they are something completely impractical like a teddy. Wearing lingerie at the end of the day, or middle of the weekend you shift from being all things to all people (mother/wife/employee/girlfriend) to seductress supreme. It is almost impossible to worry when wearing lingerie, the bright colours, smooth textures and general decadence changes how you feel. It is just that simple.
Lingerie is instant sex appeal, never mind that your hair is frizzy, he won’t notice once you are wrapped in satin. Think that your legs look a little dry? Slip on some stockings with a garter belt.
Because lingerie is an everyday thing, rather than once in a blue moon, we make sure our lingerie is the type of quality you can enjoy for years. Much like a good kitchen knife, something that feels good in the hand and will last for years with some loving care (blog post coming up on that soon), make sure you get quality.
This strictly doesn’t fit in with the year of the sexy life. At a stretch you could say more money gives you more wiggle room to buy things that are fun, but again it is a stretch. It is a very important technique that needs to be spread, make sure you share it.
So. How to get a raise without being confrontational.
1. Go to your last performance evaluation and carefully look at any flaws that were pointed out to you. I know it is painful, do it anyways. Ask yourself if you have remedied these issues fully. Ask yourself if there are any other issues that you could address. If you haven’t had a performance review in the last few months, ask for one. Even if it is just an informal chat in your boss’s office.
2. At this point you have looked at your weaknesses so now make a list of your strengths, especially ones that have come to fruition in the last 4 months. Fix in your mind how these have benefited the business? Has your networking started to pay off?
3. Figure out what you are worth. Your worth here being what the current market is willing to pay for your skillset in your area. It this case, take passion out of it. Think of yourself as a piece of real estate. Four years ago the real estate market was overheated, even Tokoroa properties were going for a fair amount. Now, unless you talk about a 3/2 in Auckland, values have fallen. It is the same in the job market. Your friend may have gotten $20,000 more in Wellington, but if you are in a small town your value may be less. So, put your emotions in a box and work out your value.
4. Work out your BANTA. I am a have had trained negotiotor, for those of you who aren’t BANTA stands for your Best Alternative To Negotiated Agreement. Essentlialy, if you current job fell off the face of the planet, what would you do instead?
5. Sweet as pie, cunning as a weasel, ask your boss for a meeting. List how you have grown in the last 6 months- 1 year and how this has made the firm money. Discuss how with hard work in 6 months time you and the boss could discuss a payrise. Them most importantly, be quiet! Listen to every work, huff, grunt and sigh that person makes. It will tell you where you stand. This gives the boss time to acclimate to the idea, and set in their mind that if you start doing X, Y and Z, well then of course they want to give you a raise to keep you. It put them at ease, this is not a power play, but a strategy session between you and them. Cooperation rather than confrontation.
6. The second you get out of that meeting write down every suggestion that person made. Re-read it every morning and evaluate yourself against that checklist once a week. Keep a record for yourself.
7. In 6 months and 1 week go back to the boss to discuss how things have come along and about the raise.
Simple. This all assumes that you have a reasonable boss and that there is a raise to be had once you have achieved a certain level of success. If you boss is not interested in giving a raise to deserving staff, then maybe thinking about you BANTA should be first on your list. Sometimes the options are lump it or leave.
Not the sexiest topic I have written about in my life, but worth every word.
Yours in success (and sexy lingerie),
Not the sexiest topic I have written about in my life, but worth every word.
PS. I am currently working on a craft for you house proud ladies out there, or those who are soon to be married. If you want to join in, start finishing off a bottle of wine. I will be posting it by the end of the month, so you don’t have to finish it all now!
They year of the sexy life is more than just keeping ontop of your lingerie drawer, it is about you feeling fabulous. From cleaning, to decorating and cooking you entire life should be 360 degrees of grand gestures of delight and little touches of sexy.
Having something you can pull out of the freezer that is tasy, goes with lots of things (much like a bottom hugging pair ofjeans), and is guilt free definitely fits in with the year of the sexy life.
Here it is. The perfect recipe to help you savour summer well into winter. It takes about 12 hours to complete start to finish (stay with me people) but only requires 20 minutes of actual work. 3 ingrediants. Simple!
Here is the 3 part ingrediant list:
Tomatos (around 750 g – kg of tomatoes per baking tray)
1. Set up your sieve over a bowl. Pull out a cutting board (wooden please-love your knives) and slice the tomatos into 1 cm slices.
2.Remove the cores and salt the them very well. We are trying o pull the moisture out of them, most of the salt will drain off easily.
3. After 2 hours in the sieve splash up to 1/2 a cup of olive oil on the tomatos. If you want you can leave them overnight, not strictly necessary, but if that what works for you schedule do it. They should have a nice glossy sheen to them.
4. Place in a 150 C oven for an hour and a half turning halfway through. Leave in the oven overnight.
5. Keeps in the fridge for a week, or put in the freezer for 4 months.
Enjoy with pasta, rice, cheese and crackers, baked potatos or with green beans.
Italian styled bliss to you all!
PS. When I was shooting this, I realised I hadn’t oiled my boards in over a year. Shame on me. Learn from my fail and use the olive oil on your boards.