One of my close friends calls Valentines Day ‘Single Awareness Day.’ It never fails to surprise me that my smart, sweet and flirty friend always manages to be single on February 14th. Some would think that this would mean that lingerie would be wasted on her-and they would be dead wrong.
1. To remember that you are a grown woman, and that means there is a whole world of pleasure open to you. Lingerie feels great on, the fabric, the lace, it all keeps those inner flames going. When you are currently seeing someone it is easy to slip into to feeling like every whisp of desire has left your body, keeping yourself stocked in lingerie is a gorgeous testament to the contrary. If you wait for a special time, you are depriving yourself of a lot of joy.
2 Because having a drawer full of lingerie is like having a a built in highlight to your day. You get to open it and admire it each day, all the lace and satin, the choices are yours for the taking. You have the choice of support when you sleep (camis are my favourite). You have the choice of stockings instead of socks and the choice of a supportive bustier instead of a strapless bra.
3. Because you never know when you might be showing them off! Totally innocent story: I was young and at uni. Waiting for a friend to finish class I had sat down on the stairs. Sometime passed and I felt my friend whispering desperately in my ear “your undies are showing.” Yes, I had spent the last 10 minutes showing my peers my underwear! I did manage to find some solace in that they were pretty enough to look at.
On a less innocent note when you get caught with your pants down, you want to be assured that your knickers won’t let you down.
All the single ladies, wear something enjoyable. Life is a limited resource, make sure all aspects of your life are savoured.
Valentines Day all started because on a priest who was ultimately beheaded for reasons that are unimportant (though it should be noted that men who forget a Valentines Day gift could suffer the same fate). What is important however is that a tradition of giving romantic, grand gestures to symbolise undying affection was started. Here are some gift throughout history that top the list as most exceptional.
1. When extravagent gifts are mentioned inevitabely that Taj Mahal is mentioned. It was built for Emperor Jahan’s favourite wife in memorial of their love filled life together (they had 14 children together). It took over 22,000 workers, 1,000 elephants and 22 years to complete it. When it came to deciding what should be on the list of the New Wonders of the World, the Taj Mahul recieved over 100 million votes, truly the Emperor knew how to impress.
2. Taylor-Burton Diamond- 69.42 carats of sparkly pear shaped indulgence. Though, it almost was theCartier Diamond for all of time. Burton and Cartier were at the same auction trying to purchased the diamond, Cartier won the bidding war. However, Burton decided that the diamond was destined for his wife, so he bought it for an inflated price from Cartier the same day.Elizabeth Taylor debuted it atPrincess Grace of Monaco’s 40th birthday party. The diamond upstaged the princess and *almost* upstaged Elizabeth.
3. When Roman Abramovich (a Russian billionaire) decided that he need to woo his girlfriend, he decided to go all out. He purchased the Femme de Venise, for over $10 million dollars. The beautiful bronze sculpture was crafted in 1958 by Alberto Giacometti, who was largely inspried by his wife Annette.
4. This is another (ancient) wonder of the world, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. This was built for for the beloved wife Amytis,her husband Nebuchadnezzar IIknew how homesick she was for her homeland. To uplift her spirits he built a multi story garden that would have required 31,000 litres each day to water it, total luxuryin Babylon (now present day Iraq).
5. Last but not least is a $50,000 bottle of 170 year old Champagne found off the coast of Finland. The bottles were lost in a storm, only to be discovered almost two centuries later, still sealed and tasting of perfection. Ravi decided that it would be the best gift him and his wife’s 10th anniversary and beat out some stiff competition so he could present one of the oldest untainted champange to his bride of 10 years.
Of course these extravances are not needed to impress on Valentines day, a little lingerie, a well cooked meal, and some music is more than enough. Valentines in the 2012 year (still feels funny writing that) falls on a Tuesday, so I will be showcasing some recipes that are make ahead, so you can have an easy and relaxed night.
Both are breathtaking, but there is a key difference. It is in the cut of the fabric. Both are a seductive piece of lingerie and both are great as sexy nighties or to be admired in. Babydolls have an empire waistline and flow around the body and flirt for you. A chemise is a snugger fit and is close to a lacey, satin or chiffon mini dress. Both offer sex appeal without showing everything, they leave a lot to be desired…you!
Babydolls are a very popular piece of lingerie for good reason, they gracefully flow over the body. If you are large chested or buxom sleeping comfortably can be a problem. But babydolls can solve this, they provide support and look sensational on! Some of our babydolls are part of a matching lingerie collection (each piece comes separately).
We have plush plus size babydolls, romantic intimate apparel and sexy plus size lingerie for our full figure beauties. Whether you want a lacey babydoll for some romance, a satin babydoll for nightwear, or something completely different we have the lingerie for you.
Chemises caress the body and show you off wonderfully.
We carry underwire chemise which provide excellent support to the lingerie aficionado. You can also find cheeky chemises and classic chemises to suit your every whim. We offer especially feminine chemises which show the body to perfection. Some of our chemise are part of a collection and may have a matching bustier or bra and panty set. You can find a style or colour that suits you and have the luxuary of matching lingerie. When picking out a chemise consider the colour. If you are looking for plus size chemises we have a sensuous selection, show off your curves, buy yourself sexy romantic lingerie and make the moment last.
An open cup chemise or babydoll are a lot like a crotchless pantyhose, they add a huge amount of sizzle to your look. Wear if you dare! They are extremely revealing in just the right place. If something in between is for you we also carry a peek-a-boo chemise which has a slit in the cup which makes for an extremely erotic lingerie item.
Be a bedtime flirt, check out our sexy babydolls and chemises and find something that is beautiful as you are! You could even pair them with a garter belt if you really wanted to dress yourself up. Sleep sexy, dream sexy, be sexy!